PE & Sport Premium
The Government has again committed to renewing its package of funding for physical education (PE) and school sport. Through this ‘Sport Premium’ the Government is continuing to provide £150 million in additional funding to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools.
This funding will be ring fenced and will be allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with a dedicated resource to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Funding will be allocated through a lump sum for each school and a per-pupil top-up mechanism. The formula will reference the number of primary-aged pupils (i.e. children between the ages of 5 and 11).
Our vision for PE and Sport at Truro Learning Academy is:
- High quality teaching and learning across the school in all sports and physical activities
- Children are physically literate through possessing the fundamental movement skills
- Children gain a good understanding of health and fitness and strive to improve this
- Children are physically active during every day. Whether it's on the playground or during their lessons, the link between physically active children and healthy, successful children has been proven
- Larger numbers of children taking part in extra-curricular sports clubs, intra-school competitions and in representing the school at festivals, matches and performances
- Children gain experiences of a wider range of physical activities
- Opportunity for children to not only play but to coach and lead physical activities or sports