At Truro Learning Academy we take internet safety very seriously. We appreciate the importance of the internet as a learning tool for children today. It provides them with the opportunity to access a wide range of educational tools , communicate with friends and investigate the world around them. We hope that the information provided below will help keep your children safe and ensure they use technology responsibly.
Always remember most social networking sites including Facebook, MySpace and Bebo are designed for the use of adults and children aged 13 and over. All require a date of birth and agreement to this in their terms of service. Access by children under 13 can only be given when falsifying their age.
Internet safety for infants
- www.bullying.co.uk - One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on bullying.
- www.chatdanger.com/ - This website is about the potential dangers with interactive services online like chat, IM, online games, email and on mobiles. It provides information, advice, true stories and games. The resource page also contains a number of links to other useful websites.
- http://parents.vodafone.com/ - Vodafone have developed this website in conjunction with mumsnet. It is very accessible and provides information and guidance to parents with understanding their child’s digital world and get more involved. There is even an on-line test to see how much you know!
- www.internetmatters.org - Lots of guidance and articles for parents about keeping their children safe online
- www.beatbullying.org - Advice for parents and young people about bullying, both online and off